maandag 21 februari 2011

2 at once = hard work!

This time I'm able to check off 2 things of my list.
A coin purse and a reusable grocery bag.


2 weeks ago I started working on my grocery bag. Mainly because I actually needed it for school. I didn't have anything anymore to use for big binders and books. So I can use it for both school and shopping.
I had a great fabric in mind from my current collection. All I had to do was to find a contrasting fabric for some accents.
It also turned out I definitely needed a lining as well to make it more firm.
I also made it reversible. And added 2 pockets on each side in the contrasting fabric from some left-overs.

I have to say I really like it. The contrasting fabric is so old and ugly that I think it's great (Ken hates it though...) ;o)
Although I like the other fabric, I don't think I will wear it with that side out too often... I guess it's a bit too colourfull.
The picture is mainly to show the pockets on the other side as well. ;o)

Judge yourself and leave a comment on what you think of it:





The coin purse did come out a bit bigger than first planned.
As I'm using the piramid bag as coin purse, I made this one a bit bigger so that it can hold cards, bus tickets, ... so that I don't have to take my whole purse just to go to the super market for groceries.
The outside is the same fabric as for the grocery shopping bag. The lining is a white silky-ish fabric.

I did learn I need to fix the lining better so that it can't get stuck in the zipper so easily as it does now.

So here it is:


Geen opmerkingen: