vrijdag 14 januari 2011

12 creative projects in 2011


I've been following some other creative blogs lately (mostly of people who have lots more experience than me, but also from beginners like myself)
Last month I started seeing these 'lists' appearing on losts of these blogs and I wanted to know all about it.
Turns out there is a project (dutch) to which you can participate by posting a list of 10 creative things to do in 2011 (10 in 11)

Since I couldn't stop anymore, here's my list of 12!!! things to do in 2011: one each month.
1. design a logo/banner for my blog.
I have some ideas on what I want, but it's quite hard to create myself. But the blog is too sober like that I think, so I'll try to pick up my photoshop knowledge and try to create something that's worthy enough to appear on my blog... :o)
2. Making a handbag for myself. I've seen lots of different designs which I liked a lot. I haven't been able to make a definite choice though.

3. Something that is on most of the beginner's lists: making a skirt for myself.
I'm really only at 'starters' level, but I try to learn a lot by trying and starting over and trying again. So I thinks it would be really great if I would manage to make a skirt for myself from scratch.

I don't really have the ideal sizes, so it's hard to find skirts that fit, that I like, that are in the right kind of fabric, the right colour, ...
So I hope I manage to make something that doesn't actually look like it's handmade and that I dare to wear in public. ;o)

4. One of those super cute piramid-purses for myself or to give away. They are the cutest ever, and I've never tried anything with a zip before.

5. A small coin purse. I've bought myself something for coins in Guatemala in 2007, but as I use it every day, it's totaly worn-out. Time for something new!



*oh boy, it's getting difficult to find more projects.

6. Something to crochet. (Still have to learn as right now, I don't get any further than a long chain...)
Not sure what it should be but I'm glad my great (almost ex-)colleague will be able to teach me!
7. A shopping bag with 2 compartments for a bottle. I usually go to the shop by bike or on foot. (and I won't have any choice in the near future) It's not a big deal as it's a small super market, just around the corner.
But plastic bags are usually quite annoying and carrying a fully loaded cardboard box is also quite difficult sometimes.
I don't have a real patten yet, so I might have to improvise.


Again, not sure what to make yet. Maybe a cooking-apron for the oldest as she likes to help mum with the cooking and a stuffed animal or something for the youngest one.

For the middle one, a boy, something with fabric from Thomas the train (or some other fabric he likes at that moment)
Both mums are free to give some tips as well. Luckily I've got some time until mid-march to finish the first presents.


9. Making a present for the mariage of my cousin this summer. If anyone has any idea, please let me know. It's quite difficult as they already live together for quite some time, have kids, a house, ...

10. Baby shoes/slippers from a book 'meet me at mikes' I got as Christmas presents for all the births that are about to happen during the year. (At least 3 as far as I know by now...)
 (+ maybe for each something additional like a stuffed animal or a bib or something)

Question: Is there anyone who knows what to keep in mind while choosing fabrics and so on for stuffed animals or other things for babies? Just to make sure that it's ok for babies to put it in their mouths without being poisoned.

(Might be a silly question, just want to be sure)

I'm just thinking of another one I should definitely put on my list. (to be able to keep my promise)
11. This key chain I made for myself a while ago , but in the shape of a fox instead of an owl.

Oh, and one more: (oh boy...)
12: To 'pimp' a towel, or to make a towel from scratch.

Voila! That seems like a feasible list, I think...


Tips, tricks, advice , encouragements, ideas , ... are always welcome for a beginner like me.
8. A hand-made present for the birthdays of the 3 kids from my to best friends.

1 opmerking:

Anoniem zei

Hoi allemaal,

Ik heb emysblogposts.blogspot.com gevonden via Google.
Deze site ziet er goed en gezellig uit!
Ik wil graag ook zo een mooie site maken. Welke software heb je hier precies voor gebruikt? Mijn blogje ziet er nog leeg uit. :(

Bedankt

Tot snel vanuit A'dam
Willy