donderdag 16 december 2010

Sushi

A different cooking thing that is keeping me busy these days is sushi. I like it a lot as it is so easy, tastes great, and looks nice.
Here’s an example of a meal I made a while ago when Ken wasn’t at home (he does like it, but not for a full diner)


Soon, I’m going to make something for Christmas that will be looking something like this:


On Christmas day, we’re having a family party where everyone needs to bring something to eat, so that our grandmother doesn’t need to prepare the whole meal for the whole family. There’s even a little competition included as that is ‘hot’ these days where everyone’s food will be assessed on taste and presentation ;o)


Last Sunday we also had a family gathering for my parents and aunt and uncle’s 35th anniversary. Here also everyone was asked not to bring a present, but to bring something to eat. I really like that as you get to taste lots of different stuff, and the people organizing the party don’t end up with unusable presents and lots of work to prepare a meal for so many people.


Sushi again seemed a great thing to do as it’s not that much work and lots of different combinations can be made.


I prepared 3 kinds of sushi on Sunday morning. One roll with omelet, carrots and zucchini, one roll with smoked salmon, carrots and zucchini, and 2 rolls with fresh salmon, carrots and zucchini.


They looked great on a big plate and I enjoyed tasting some other things that other guests prepared.






Geen opmerkingen: