I did a first attempt a while ago. I tried with sugar-icing. Easy to make (just mix some powder-sugar with a couple of drops of water) and you can colour it as well with the liquid food colouring you can buy at the supermarket. Made a couple of different colours, put it on the cupcakes, decorated it with little pearls, nuts, ... and done!
As a second attempt, I wanted to take it a step further. We took all the materials and supplies on our trip to France, at the end of October, to be able to have something to do on a rainy afternoon. It was so much fun. I had bought some sugar paste in different colours, some cut-out shapes and a couple of different toppings. After baking the cupcakes ourselves, we were surprised about the very nice results.




For birthdays, it’s always the habit to bring some food to the office, and to the Red Cross meetings as well. I couldn’t just buy something, so I made cupcakes for a 3rd attempt. Bought 36 cupcakes from Hema, bought some colouring gel and some white sugar paste. (you can’t use the regular colouring liquids to colour sugar past, it needs to be a colouring gel) After a full night of decorating cupcakes (thanks to the internet for some inspiration), I was really pleased with the result.
(I’ll put some pics on soon, but haven’t loaded them from my camera yet)
Soon I will again be decorating cupcakes, but that’s something that needs to stay a secret for now!
(I’ll put some pics on soon, but haven’t loaded them from my camera yet)
Soon I will again be decorating cupcakes, but that’s something that needs to stay a secret for now!
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten